Activities and features
For the 2015 season, Chouette à Voir! is open:
Wednesdays to Sundays from June 24th to August 23rd.
August: 29, 30
September: 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27.
Looking forward to meeting you there!
This summer UQROP invites you to discover its natural site Chouette à voir! located at 875, rang Salvail Sud in Saint-Jude
Things to see:
- Two 45-minute presentations of live birds of prey, at 11:00 AM and 2:00PM (presentations are cancelled or delayed in case of thunderstorms, heavy rain or extreme heat)
- Our natural habitat simulating aviaries, home to different nocturnal and diurnal raptor species.
- Guided visits of our rehabilitation complex, divided in nine aviaries.
- Our «Sky Hunters» exhibit, prepared in collaboration with the Sherbrooke's Museum of Sciences and Nature
- Our anatomical pieces booth, showing feathers, claws, skulls, wings, and other artefacts belonging to different species.
- Photo shoot with live birds of prey (bring your camera)
- Nature trail (more than 1,6 km of walking in the woods - moskito repellent is recommended!)
- Picnic area (no food service on site)
- Gift shop
10:00 Opening of the site
11:00 First bird of prey presentation
12:00 Photo shoot
2:00 PM Second bird of prey presentation
3:00 PM Photo shoot
4:30 PM Closure
** Guided visits of the rehabilitation complex happen approximately every 15 minutes, except during the presentations.